Re: Indexing for geographic objects? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Myers
Subject Re: Indexing for geographic objects?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 06:03:33PM -0600, selkovjr@mcs.anl.gov wrote:
> Franck Martin wrote:
> > I suppose your code is under GPL, and you have no problem for me to
> > use it, providing I put your name and credits somewhere.
>
> No problem at all -- I will be honored if you use it. Was I careless
> enough not to include a license? It's not exactly a GPL -- it's
> completely unrestricted. I should have said that somewhere.

Note that (AIUI) placing code in the public domain leaves you liable
for damages from somebody misusing it.  You have to retain copyright
just to be able to disclaim liability, in the license -- but then you
need to actually have a license.  That's why you don't see much public
domain software.  (I am not a lawyer.)

Nathan Myers
ncm@zembu.com