Re: Syslog Facility Patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: Syslog Facility Patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> [001113 17:41]:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > Applied.
>
> Uh, shouldn't the problems Larry pointed out be fixed first?
I don't think the problems are BECAUSE of my code.  The new stuff
works, just putting the new options in postgresql.conf with a bad
value causes weird messages.  I think the new code should stay, and
now we have stuff to figure out why guc-file.l or guc.c has a problem
getting the message out.

I requested the commit.

I think the issue is in guc-file.l or somewhere else in the startup of
a new backend to get the right error out.

I'm not familiar enough with the backend startup to debug these
wierdnesses(sp?).

LER

--
Larry Rosenman                      http://www.lerctr.org/~ler