Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/contrib/pg_dumpaccounts (Makefile README pg_dumpaccounts.sh)) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/contrib/pg_dumpaccounts (Makefile README pg_dumpaccounts.sh))
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Also, seems like it is hidden enough in /contrib for it to stay.  While
> I would not have added it myself, I do not feel strongly enough to
> remove Jan's commit.  However, I am not going to mention it in the 7.0.3
> release notes.
>
> I want it removed from 7.1 /contrib.  I will do that now myself.
   Need to apologize for all the trouble caused.
   My  approach  was to meet the documentations deadline of Mark   Cotton, while making it as  easy,  safe  and  7.0.3
vs. 7.1   compatible.  I  know  that  it'll not stand the test of time.   Finally (with roles) we need to develop a
realsolution,  but   this was IMHO better than void (what we had before).

   Due  to  my  current crazy situation, there was no time for a   discussion, so I decided just not to touch any
existing code   (not a single byte) and put it in as a separate script, MEANT   to be removed subsequently again.

Jan