Time penalty on VIEWS on VIEWS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Time penalty on VIEWS on VIEWS
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

My situation: VIEW A is grouping information from 2 tables (B,C). I have to
make another VIEW with additional WHERE statement compared in VIEW A. I can
make this as a VIEW groupping tables B and C, or makeing VIEW of VIEW A.
I know that second sollution is more flexible but there should be some kind of
time penalty. I'm wondering how much it is.

regards,

depesz

--
hubert depesz lubaczewski
     najwspanialszą rzeczą jaką dało nam nowoczesne społeczeństwo,