Re: Alpha FreeBSD port of PostgreSQL !!! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alfred Perlstein
Subject Re: Alpha FreeBSD port of PostgreSQL !!!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Nathan Boeger <nathan@khmere.com> [001103 15:43] wrote:
> is anyone working on the port of PostgreSQL for Alpha  FreeBSD ?? I have
> been waiting for over a year very very patiently !!!
>
> I really love my Alpha FreeBSD box and I want to use PostgreSQL on it...
> but postgresql does not build.
>
> If they need a box I am more than willing to give them complete access
> to my Alpha !
>
> please let me know

Part of the problem is that Postgresql assumes FreeBSD == -m486, since
I have absolutely no 'configure/automake' clue it's where I faltered
when initially trying to compile on FreeBSD.

I have access to a FreeBSD box through the FreeBSD project and would
like to have another shot at it, but I was hoping one of the guys
more initmate with autoconf could lend me a hand.

thanks,