Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/contrib/pg_dumpaccounts (Makefile README pg_dumpaccounts.sh) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/contrib/pg_dumpaccounts (Makefile README pg_dumpaccounts.sh)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I understand everyone's hesitation about adding a new utility this late
> in the process - and we're happy to be overruled on that (even if it's a
> discrete piece of code that wouldn't affect anything else...)  I'm not
> wild about putting it in /contrib, but if that's what everyone wants to
> do, ok.
>
> Have we adequately explained the need for this?  Or do people think it's
> not necessary?
>
> If it *is* necessary (or at least worthwhile), is it the consensus of
> the -hackers community that it go in /contrib?

Since it is a never-before-asked-for new feature appearing in a minor
release, and it is probably going away in 7.1, it is lucky to be getting
into /contrib.  :-)

There is a good argument that it shouldn't be in 7.0.3 at all, and we
need the opinion of the hackers group to come to a consensus.

Pennsylvania19026