Re: binary operators on integers - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Marko Kreen
Subject Re: binary operators on integers
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 10:23:55PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> This patch was installed, with xor as "#".  The parser still needs work.
> Besides the known issue of "|", this also parses funny:
>
> => select 5 & ~ 6;
> ERROR:  Unable to identify a right operator '&' for type 'int4'

I have known that from the beginning.  On first patch I did not get
it work correctly, so in second patch I disabled all gram.y hack
altogether.  So this patch does not change anything in parser/.
At the moment it should be used:  select 5 & (~ 6);

I can hack the gram.y and scan.l to get those operators to work
but as I saw no consensus has been reached in -hackers whether
and how it should be solved globally?

--
marko