Re: Re: [HACKERS] My new job - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: Re: [HACKERS] My new job
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 01:37:33PM -0400, Adam Lang wrote:
> that core members will have more loyalty to the project in view of their
> employers as opposed to the view of the project itself.  That risk is
> increased ten-fold when multiple members are in the same company.

Hey, I don't think this discussion makes a lot of sense. Yes, I do see the
risks for the project, but Bruce has to do whatever is best for his life. If
you are offered your dream job, would you really back off just because there
are too many of your friends working their too?

After all IF GreatBridge were to take over PostgreSQL the core members are
free to keep on working on a free version in their spare time. So that's
about the same situation as it is now.

Okay they may stop liking to do that, but that can happen regardless of what
job they are in. After all working on free software takes away
quite a lot of your spare time. So many become tired of this once their real
life takes its toll.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes