Re: My new job - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alfred Perlstein
Subject Re: My new job
Date
List pgsql-general
* Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> [001009 22:11] wrote:
> As many of you know, several businesses are involved in providing
> PostgreSQL support.
>
> After careful consideration, I have decided to accept a job with Great
> Bridge.  There will be a press announcement tomorrow (Tuesday) with more
> details.  I will post a URL here when I have it.
>
> Interestingly, I am the last core member to become officially attached
> to a PostgreSQL company.  I have been assisting Great Bridge for some
> time, but always in an unofficial capacity.
>
> I realize my signing on with any company will make some of you
> uncomfortable.  I hope my value to the group does not suffer, and that I
> continue to be a positive influence for all involved.  I expect my new
> job will give me even more time to continue doing the things I have done
> in the past with PostgreSQL.

Bruce, this is a great thing to hear, congratulations, and I hope
you enjoy your new position at what is looking to be a great company.

Anyone with any reservations about Great Bridge need only speak to
the people there and the Postgresql developers already employed by
them to realize that this is a good thing.

I've sat on the sidelines while commercial funding and support has
poured into FreeBSD (companies hiring up our developers to work
full time on FreeBSD) and so far things are going great for us.

best wishes,
-Alfred