Re: postgres via shell scripts - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Mercer
Subject Re: postgres via shell scripts
Date
Re: postgres via shell scripts  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 06:05:41PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Mike Sears writes:
> > Is there away to access a postgres database using a shell script, like bash
> > or korn?
>
> There's pgbash, which might be what you want, but I've never tried it.
> Of course psql works as well.  Processing several output rows with more
> than one field might pose a problem in any case.

one day, i'm gonna hack up a pgawk.

i think that would be most awesome.

--
[ Jim Mercer                 jim@reptiles.org              +1 416 410-5633 ]
[          Reptilian Research -- Longer Life through Colder Blood          ]