Date problem - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Edipo E. F. Melo
Subject Date problem
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi all,
Before all, a little (off-topic) comment:

>It's been my experience that Win32 ODBC does not drop
>connections until the database client is closed (e.g. MS
>Access is shut down).
"There is some things that only Micro$oft can do for you..."
Ok. Let's work. I posted a mail before explaining a strange
cituation if my Postgresql: when I use date_part() function to split
day, month and year of a date type column, it returns one day before.
In other words, '2000-01-01' returns day: 31, month:12, year: 1999.
I'm using OS/2 with Fix Pack 12, Postgresql 7.0.2.
Can any one explain this?

   []'s
   Edipo Elder F. de Melo