createuser fails - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject createuser fails
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Pushkar (psuri@netcom-sys.com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
createuser fails

Long Description
I am trying to install postgres on windows nt .
initdb worked fine , and also the createdb command.
But when i run any command like  createuser etc, i get the
following error
psql: connectDBStart() -- socket() failed: errno=106
Addresses in the specified family cannot be used with this socket

ipc-daemon and  postmaster are both running.
It is very urgent for me to run postgres on nt.
I would really appreciate if some one replies me back

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report