Re: Large object insert performance. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Radoslaw Stachowiak
Subject Re: Large object insert performance.
Date
List pgsql-general
*** Peter Haight <peterh@sapros.com> [Thursday, 24.August.2000, 17:50 -0700]:
> >Peter Haight <peterh@sapros.com> writes:
> >> All I'm doing is inserting the large objects.
> >How many LOs are we talking about here?
>
> 400,000. It gets too slow way before that, though. Around 30,000. I'm going
> ahead with storing them in external files with an index in the database.
> That is going very well.
[.rs.]

As Tom suggested it propably caused by FS.

For all people which have to use current LO implementation on Linux I suggest using
reiserfs (file system) which is designed to handle large amount of files
in directiories (used by proxies and all such).

--
radoslaw.stachowiak.........................................http://alter.pl/