Re: windows supported platforms - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: windows supported platforms
Date
List pgsql-general
jeff seaman wrote:
> I gather from the supported platform list that the server only runs on
> Windows NT running the CYGNUS package and not on Windows 98.  From what I
> can see the clients will run on win98.  Is this correct?  Are there any
> plans to try to get the server to run on win98?  Also has anyone tried the
> server on win2000.

    Think  I  read  something  like  that it's possible with some
    newer version of CYGWIN to compile it for  Win98.  Check  the
    mailing archives.

    But  let  me  suggest to run an operating system instead of a
    GUI enhanced program loader,  if  you  want  to  get  out  of
    Postgres what's in it.

Jan