PostgreSQL BugTool Submission - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject PostgreSQL BugTool Submission
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Jon Peatfield (J.S.Peatfield@damtp.cam.ac.uk) reports a bug with a severity of 4

Short Description
Docs use wrong chars

Long Description
In the ps docs several characters print out incorrectly, e.g. pi, sigma etc since the font being used doesn't have
thoseglyphs.  E.g. octal code \360 is used which is mapped to eth in the encoding vector, but is supposed to be a pi,
likewise\363 is mapped to oacute but should be sigma.  I assume that we should be switching into Symbol or similar for
thesecharacters.

In the html versions they appear as bare &pi and &sigma which doesn't seem to be understood by netscape...

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report