Re: ALTER TABLE - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I can confirm that this is a bug, and crashes in the current development
tree.

>                          POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE
>
> Your name               : Gena Gurchonok
> Your email address      : gena@rt.mipt.ru
>
> System Configuration
> ---------------------
>    Architecture (example: Intel Pentium): intel Celeron 500
>    Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF): 2.2.16 ELF
>    PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-7.0):   PostgreSQL-7.0.2
>    Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.8.0): pgcc-2.91.66
>

> Please enter a FULL description of your problem:
>
> When I renaming table using ALTER TABLE,
> it doesn't change table name in RI triggers. This results in backend
> crash due to invalid arguments for RI_Check trigger procedure.
>

> Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a
> concise reproducible example, if at all possible:
>
> CREATE TABLE "pr1" (
>         "id" int4 ,
>         PRIMARY KEY ("id")
> );
>
> CREATE TABLE "fr" (
>         "f_id" int4 NOT NULL,
>         CONSTRAINT fr_fkey FOREIGN KEY (f_id)
>         REFERENCES pr1(id)
>         MATCH FULL
>         ON DELETE RESTRICT
>         ON UPDATE CASCADE
>         NOT DEFERRABLE
>         INITIALLY IMMEDIATE
> );
>
> insert into pr1 values(1);
> insert into fr values(1);
>
> alter table fr rename to fr2;
>
> delete from pr1;
>
> As the result we have:
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
>         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
>
> pg_dump gives
>
> \connect - gena
> CREATE TABLE "pr1" (
>         "id" int4 NOT NULL,
>         PRIMARY KEY ("id")
> );
> CREATE TABLE "fr2" (
>         "f_id" int4 NOT NULL
> );
> COPY "pr1" FROM stdin;
> 1
> \.
> COPY "fr2" FROM stdin;
> 1
> \.
> CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER "fr_fkey" AFTER DELETE ON "pr1"  NOT DEFERRABLE INITIALLY IMMEDIATE FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE
PROCEDURE"RI_FKey_restrict_del" ('fr_fkey', 'fr', 'pr1', 'FULL', 'f_id', 'id');
> CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER "fr_fkey" AFTER UPDATE ON "pr1"  NOT DEFERRABLE INITIALLY IMMEDIATE FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE
PROCEDURE"RI_FKey_cascade_upd" ('fr_fkey', 'fr', 'pr1', 'FULL', 'f_id', 'id');
> CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER "fr_fkey" AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE ON "fr2"  NOT DEFERRABLE INITIALLY IMMEDIATE FOR EACH ROW
EXECUTEPROCEDURE "RI_FKey_check_ins" ('fr_fkey', 'fr', 'pr1', 'FULL', 'f_id', 'id');