Re: cannot create table error! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From JanWieck@t-online.de (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: cannot create table error!
Date
List pgsql-general
KMiller wrote:
> At some point I've created a table named 'XXXXXX'.
>
> Then for some reason when I drop it and try to re-create it I get the message:
>
> Error:cannot create table 'XXXXXX'.
>
> When I try to drop it I'm told that it does not exist.
>
> I saw another message from someone experiencing the same thing.
>
> Unfortunately, there was no follow up on thread.
>
> I'm assuming that an internal table is corrupted.
>
> Any ideas?

    Which version of Postgres?

    Is  there  a  file  XXXXXX  in the database directory? If so,
    remove it (er - move it to somewhere else in case  you  might
    want to have it again) and try again to create the table.

    Somehow,  the DROP might not have removed the old table file.

Jan