Re: proposed improvements to PostgreSQL license - Mailing list pgsql-general

From JanWieck@t-online.de (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: proposed improvements to PostgreSQL license
Date
List pgsql-general
Ron Peterson wrote:

> your software to make any concessions?".  Of course you do.  The
> question is just what concessions do you require before granting use of
> your product.  Any statement to the effect that BSD is "really free" is
> just navel gazing mumbo jumbo.

    Good points - alot of. Just that the above has a little flaw.

    We're not discussing "what concessions" the END-USER  has  to
    make  before  USING  it.  We  ask  "what restrictions" does a
    license apply to a DEVELOPER?

Jan