Re: child table doesn't inherit PRIMARY KEY? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Louis-David Mitterrand
Subject Re: child table doesn't inherit PRIMARY KEY?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 03:46:53AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Louis-David Mitterrand writes:
>
> > When creating a child (through CREATE TABLE ... INHERIT (parent)) it
> > seems the child gets all of the parent's contraints _except_ its PRIMARY
> > KEY. Is this normal?
>
> It's kind of a bug.

Is it a well-known bug or have I discovered it? ;-)

(I am sending a copy of the bug report to -hackers)

Thanks,

--
Louis-David Mitterrand - ldm@apartia.org - http://www.apartia.fr

   "God is a mathematician of very high order, and he used very
   advanced mathematics in constructing the universe."  (Dirac)