postmaster aint listening.. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From crypt0genic
Subject postmaster aint listening..
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

I suspect that this is a pretty simple config thing, but I just can seem to find
it, I have a fresh install of Postgres7 on a freebsd 3.4 box, I have started
postmaster and it seems to run fine but it only seems to listen on unix socketsa
nd not on any tcp ports.

I uncommented a few lines in pg_hba.conf and also added a line to allow all
hosts on my subnet to connect to the db but it still aint showing up in netstat-
an

Could someone point me in the direction,
Thnx,
-crypt0genic

--
Reverse engineering, the most fun and usually the most effective way
to tackle a problem or learn something new.