Re: [GENERAL] Re: PostgreSQL 7.0 a success - Mailing list pgsql-announce

From JanWieck@t-online.de (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re: PostgreSQL 7.0 a success
Date
List pgsql-announce
Jeffrey H. Johnson wrote:

> What I'd like to see would be a software RAID similar to what is in MySQL
> 3.23.x.  That would be my only real feature request at this point.

    Could  you please explain this to some detail? Only databases
    using RAW devices, on a per-OS specific implementation, could
    implement  RAID  similar  behaviour AFAIK. So which operating
    systems (Vendor, Distibution and version, kernel-version) are
    supported by MySQL WRT this feature by now?

Jan