Re: The New Slashdot Setup (includes MySql server) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: The New Slashdot Setup (includes MySql server)
Date
Re: The New Slashdot Setup (includes MySql server)  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Info on the new slashdot.org setup
>
> <http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/05/18/1427203&mode=nocomment>
>
> interesting because of the plans (meaning $$$) they have to improve
> MySql, and because they are the flagship MySql site/application.
>
> In the comment page, replying to the usual "Why not PostgreSql?" thread
> someone pointed out an extract from the MySql docs that seems to me
> blatantly false
> (http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=00/05/18/1427203&cid=131).

Just finished reading the thread.  I am surprised how many people
slammed them on their MySQL over PostgreSQL decision.  People are
slamming MySQL all over the place.  :-)

Seems like inertia was the reason to stay with MySQL.  What that means
to me is that for their application space, PostgreSQL already has
superior technology, and people realize it.  This means we are on our
way up, and MySQL is, well, ....

Pennsylvania19026