Re: Re: It happened again: Server hung up solid - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: It happened again: Server hung up solid
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Isn't is something we can fix with a 7.0.1?  Seems many people are
> > already using 7.0 in production systems.  I just hate to see the date
> > slip again.
>
> As I said, if we feel comfortable with this, no probs ... its not an issue
> I'm going to push, since it is something that I'm finding relativley
> difficult to recreate "at will" :(
>
> > > We still have to write up a release announcement (can someone summarize
> > > the key features of v7.0?), so that gives us a little bit of time ...
> >
> > Well, you can take it off the top of the HISTORY file.
>
> Great, will work this up tomorrow during the day :)  Thanks ...

My feeling is that we can address this in 7.0.1, though our recent
pg_group fix could not be done in 7.0.1, but this doesn't seem like that
kind of problem.  Such problems are usually easily reproducible because
they represent problems with the system catalogs.

Pennsylvania19026