[Q] Tcl, ODBC and Postgresql. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David May, Powered by FreeBSD, Somewhere in the Outback
Subject [Q] Tcl, ODBC and Postgresql.
Date
List pgsql-general
I have previously posted a question about getting Tcl, ODBC and
Postgresql to work together in comp.lang.tcl newsgroup and
Postgresql General mailing list but have received no responses.
Hopefully someone on this list can provide some help.

I recently upgraded to the latest version of Postgresql in the
hope of being able to run TclODBC extension with the Postgresql
ODBC driver.   Unfortunately, I have been unable to get TclODBC
to even compile.   Comments in TclODBC documents indicate that
it is compatible with Redbrick ODBC driver but Postgresql ODBC
driver is based on iODBC ODBC driver.

Is anybody successfully using a Postgresql, ODBC, Tcl combination?

I already use Oratcl for Oracle and pgtcl for Postgres. But I
am looking for a portable Tcl database solution. Hence my interest
in ODBC.

--
David May            |  mailto:mayd@cygnus.uwa.edu.au   | Finger for
                     |  finger:mayd@cygnus.uwa.edu.au   | PGP Public Key
                     |  http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~mayd  |

``We are so used to thinking in terms of the `progress' of science that
it is hard for us to remember that certain matters were better understood
one hundred years ago.''
                                       Robert Hermann, in introduction to
              Felix Klein, Development of Mathematics in the 19th Century.