Tclodbc does not compile with Postgresql ODBC interface. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David May, Powered by FreeBSD, Somewhere in the Outback
Subject Tclodbc does not compile with Postgresql ODBC interface.
Date
List pgsql-general
I thought  would like to run Tclodbc with PostgreSQL on my FreeBSD machine at
home so that I can do reasonably portable database programming that might also
work with Oracle on AIX and MS Windows, etc without too much effort.

Unfortunately, Tclodbc 1.4 does not seem to compile with the ODBC interface
supplied with Postgres 6.5.3.

Has anybody got Tclodbc to work with Postgresql? If so I would like to hear
about it.

The Postgresql ODBC interface C header files seem to be incompatible with
what Tclodbc expects. I.e. slightly diferent file names and several  missing
contant definitions, at least.

--
David May            |  mailto:mayd@cygnus.uwa.edu.au   | Finger for
                     |  finger:mayd@cygnus.uwa.edu.au   | PGP Public Key
                     |  http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~mayd  |

Perfection is reached, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
there is nothing more to take away.      - Antoine de Sainte Exupery.