DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string too big-- workaround? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From mathprof@bigfoot.com
Subject DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string too big-- workaround?
Date
List pgsql-general
I created what I thought was a fairly simple view, and got back:

ERROR:  DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string too big.

Is there any workaround for this? I'm pretty sure the view is correct
otherwise-- if I edit it even slightly, the "CREATE" goes through fine and
the view works great (well, almost great-- not as well as if I didn't have
to edit the view to avoid the error!).

The limit for the rule plan string also seems awfully small-- my view
isn't more than a few lines long.

Thoughts or help?