Re: [HACKERS] TODO list updated - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karl DeBisschop
Subject Re: [HACKERS] TODO list updated
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> That's one more file to find and to erase! Sounds very ugly to me. Better
> leave off this option altogether and user alter user. Can end users
> comment on this at all?

As an end user, an initdb in C sounds like the best option.

I don't really like the temp file idea - i have too many temp files
already. Nor will the average user be immediately understand that the
environment variable should be set without leaving a trace in their
history.

I suppose any of the options could be added to initdb for the novice
or lazy user.  If there is no other solution, I'd prefer a note on
initdb to `psql template1` and `ALTER USER...`

--
Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop@alert.infoplease.com>
617.832.0332 (Fax: 617.956.2696)

Information Please - your source for FREE online reference
http://www.infoplease.com  - Your Ultimate Fact Finder
http://kids.infoplease.com - The Great Homework Helper

Netsaint Plugins Development
http://netsaintplug.sourceforge.net