Re: [PORTS] Re: Postgress 6.5.3 on Irix 6.5.x? - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [PORTS] Re: Postgress 6.5.3 on Irix 6.5.x?
Date
List pgsql-ports
Yes, certainly some problem with the assembler.  It doesn't understand
the .global instruction specification.  Either your compiler/assembler
is broken/limited, or somehow the wrong piece of assembler code is being
selected.  It would be good to find the actual assembler lines being
invoked, and try to just compile that with various switches or ask SGI.

> This time I used the --with-CXX=g++ only to achieve the same unsuccessful
> results.
>
> I gziped a copy of the whole session, typescript.g++.gz, starting at the
> configure point, just in case you are interested in seeing what is actually
> happening.
>
> Thanks for your time and help so far!
>
> Jim
>

> --

> Jim Gramke             Unix & Web Systems Administrator
> College of St. Benedict/     jgramke@csbsju.edu
> St. John's University         PH: (320) 363-2785
> Collegeville, MN 56321         FX: (320) 363-2761

[application/octet-stream is not supported, skipping...]