Re: Performance benchmark of PG - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Performance benchmark of PG
Date
List pgsql-performance
Manish Lad schrieb am 19.07.2021 um 12:09:
> We are planning to migrate Oracle exadata database to postgresql and
> db size ranges from 1 tb to 60 TB.
>
> Will the PG support this with the performance matching to that of
> exadata applince? If anyone could point me in the right direction
> where i xan get the benchmarking done for these two databases either
> on prime or any cloud would be great.

As already pointed out, you won't find such a benchmark.

You will have to run such a benchmark yourself. Ideally with a workload
that represents your use case. Or maybe with something like HammerDB.

But Exadata isn't only software, it's also hardware especially designed
to work together with Oracle's enterprise edition.

So if you want to get any reasonable results, you will at least have to
buy hardware that matches the Exadata HW specifications.

So if you run your own tests, make sure you buy comparable HW for
Postgres as well (lots of RAM and many fast server grade NVMes)