Re: Installing Postgres 8.1.4 on Linux RedHat - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From imad
Subject Re: Installing Postgres 8.1.4 on Linux RedHat
Date
List pgsql-admin
Amit,

Installation is quite simple and straight forward. Since you will be
installing binary on redhat, you will need to work with Redhat Package
Manager (RPM).

Just issue the command as a root user:

rpm -i <file with .rpm extension>

This will install the specific postgresql package which you have downloaded.
To start with, you need the files postgresql-8.1.4-3PGDG.i686.rpm and
postgresql-server-8.1.4-3PGDG.i686.rpm.

You can download and install the rest of the packages like lib and
devel as per your requirements.

- Imad
EnterpriseDB Corporation
www.enterprisedb.com