problems with postgresql passwords on webmin/kylix - Mailing list pgsql-general

From mrcampbell@mail.com (John Campbell)
Subject problems with postgresql passwords on webmin/kylix
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm fairly new to Linux and am trying to set up a postgresql server to
use with kylix applications. So far, I've managed to create a database
and table, write data to the table and read it back with SELECT
statements.

So far so good, however...

I set up the databases while logged on as user "postgres" as advised
in the documentation. However, when I try to access postgresql using
the webmin administration tool, it tells me the password is incorrect.
The password I'm using is the same one as I use to log in as user
"postgres" I assume that's the administrator password. Am I doing
something wrong? If so what!?

John C