Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Drouvot, Bertrand
Subject Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 4/3/23 8:10 AM, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 4/3/23 7:35 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 3, 2023 at 4:26 AM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
>>
>> Agreed, even Bertrand and myself discussed the same approach few
>> emails above. BTW, if we have this selective logic to wake
>> physical/logical walsenders and for standby's, we only wake logical
>> walsenders at the time of  ApplyWalRecord() then do we need the new
>> conditional variable enhancement being discussed, and if so, why?
>>

> Thank you both for this new idea and discussion. In that case I don't think
> we need the new CV API and the use of a CV anymore. As just said up-thread I'll submit
> a new proposal with this new approach.

Please find enclosed V57 implementing the new approach in 0004. With the new approach in place
the TAP tests (0005) work like a charm (no delay and even after a promotion).

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team