Re: make coverage-html on OS X - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: make coverage-html on OS X
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/29/16 3:31 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
> tl;dr: It's critical that you actually do a make install, or at least it
> is if you've set --prefix with configure. If you don't, then even if you
> do make check you'le going to get the *installed* libpq, and not the
> *built* libpq.

Actually, sometimes that isn't even enough. I had one checkout that was
refusing to successfully build coverage (producing an old .gcda for
*everything*) until I rm'd the entire install directory (make uninstall
was not enough). I also killed the running postmaster as part of that,
so it's possible that's what was causing the problems.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461