Re: Seeing execution plan of foreign key constraint check? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Seeing execution plan of foreign key constraint check?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 7/21/16 4:59 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> > As for function plans, ISTM that could be added to the PL handlers if we
>> > wanted to (allow a function invocation to return an array of explain
>> > outputs).
> Where would you put those, particularly for functions executed many
> times in the query?  Would it include sub-functions recursively?
> I mean, yeah, in principle we could do something roughly like that,
> but it's not easy and presenting the results intelligibly seems
> almost impossible.

Yeah, it'd certainly need to be handled internally in a
machine-understandable form that got aggregated before presentation (or
with non-text output formats we could provide the raw data). Or just
punt and don't capture the data unless you're using an alternative
output format.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461