Re: password cookie - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Willy-Bas Loos
Subject Re: password cookie
Date
List pgsql-general
I just learned to read, sorry.
You mean not to do the second thing, which i do want to do (where each frontend user equals a database user).

Thank you for your advise.
I´m not sure if i can get around it, but i´ll use extra caution anayway.

WBL

On 10/27/06, Willy-Bas Loos <willybas@gmail.com> wrote:
> My suggestion is "don't do that".
> I tried to do it once, years ago, and regretted it deeply.

Do you mean "don´t try to fake postgres´ authorisation" (which i don´t want to),
or "don´t set up your webservice so that users will recieve data according to their own rights in the database, where each frontend user equals a database user" (which i do want to)?

WBL