Re: PG 11.8 > PG 12.3 : Unable to allocate section memory - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From JOIGNY Michael @Neteven
Subject Re: PG 11.8 > PG 12.3 : Unable to allocate section memory
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Michael, Tom,

Thanks for your help.

Le 12/08/2020 à 16:26, MichaelDBA a écrit :
> Please specify some other stuff:
>
> 1. PG onprem or cloud? If cloud, which one and what instance type.
Onprem
> 2. Is it a dedicated PG host?  How many hyper threads and memory do
> you have?
Yes dedicated PG host, 56 hyper threads and 380Go of memory.
> 3. Does PGBouncer run on another host or on the same host as PG?

I have a primary / stanby configuration using repmgr for replication.

PGbouncer is running on both of them.

@Tom, thanks i will have a look at this parameter.

"One thing that you might not have noticed is that "jit" defaults to on
as of v12. Turning it off would prevent this specific crash case. (The
fact that it's a crash comes from llvm's crummy error handling :-() You
might still have OOM problems, but with luck they'd not take down the
whole database."

Regards.