Re: nmap not showing postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Barwick
Subject Re: nmap not showing postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 05:53:36 +0100 (BST), raj veluchamy
<rajpgsql@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> hello all,
> i am running postgres in compiling postgres in OSCAR
> cluster.
> installation is done to /home/pgsql as i couldn't do
> it at /var/lib.
> while i nmap, the postgres is not shown, but when i
> give createdb, this is working and i could work on
> with the data base.

I'm guessing you want to ascertain whether PostgreSQL is listening on
a TCP/IP port? I'm not familiar with OSCAR so I don't know whether it
has any impact on PostgreSQL operations. A command like "netstat -t"
should show you what services are listening on what ports.

Ian Barwick