Re: Table and Index compression - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Guillaume Smet
Subject Re: Table and Index compression
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Pierre,

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 11:39 AM, PFC<lists@peufeu.com> wrote:
> The best for this is lzo : very fast decompression, a good compression ratio
> on a sample of postgres table and indexes, and a license that could work.

The license of lzo doesn't allow us to include it in PostgreSQL
without relicensing PostgreSQL as GPL.

I'm not sure of what you imply by "a license that could work".

Note that it doesn't change the interest of your approach. It's just
that I'm not sure we can find a performance-acceptable BSD licensed
compression library (it was discussed a lot of times here).

--
Guillaume