Re: New trigger option of pg_standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Guillaume Smet
Subject Re: New trigger option of pg_standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
>>
>> If we go with this, I would suggest we make *neither* the default by
>> removing -t, and adopting two new options: something like -f == fast
>> failover, -p == patient failover.
>
> -m smart|fast|immediate :-)

The advantage of having 2 options (or the ability to put a string
value in the trigger file) is that you can choose the behaviour when
you need to trigger it (you just have to use the 2 options with 2
different filenames). I don't think it's the case with your proposal.

--
Guillaume