Re: Test lab - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Guillaume Smet
Subject Re: Test lab
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Robert (small world, I contributed to Sequoia a while ago...), all,

On 11/6/07, Robert Hodges <robert.hodges@continuent.com> wrote:
> 2.) Test hardware.  We have a number of hosts in Grenoble, France that are
> available to help set up a European lab.    We gave away 4 to the
> postgresql.fr folks but if there's anyone else within driving (or trucking
> distance) we still have at least a dozen 1U rack mountable Compaq units.
> They are in a garage and winter will soon be upon the Alps, so we need to
> try to unload them.   Unluckily we overbought hardware in this location but
> with luck this can be someone else's good fortune.   It probably won't help
> in the US of A due to shipping costs.

Is there any need for another test lab in Europe? I can't guarantee
anything ATM but if it can help and if Robert is OK with that, I can
ask my boss if we (Open Wide) can host none/few/several/all of them
for the community in one of our datacenters in Lyon (it's not far from
where the servers are currently located).

The bandwidth to the Internet will be limited (of course enough to
work without any problem) so don't expect to host high traffic web
stuff but it will be OK to run benchmarks locally.

Let me know if you think it can be useful.

--
Guillaume