Re: First implementation of GIN for pg_trgm - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Guillaume Smet
Subject Re: First implementation of GIN for pg_trgm
Date
Re: First implementation of GIN for pg_trgm  (Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>)
List pgsql-patches
On 2/22/07, Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> wrote:
> How long is average length of strings in table?

test=# SELECT MIN(length(word)), MAX(length(word)), AVG(length(word))
FROM lieu_mots_gin;
 min | max |        avg
-----+-----+--------------------
   1 |  38 | 7.4615463141373282
(1 row)

I don't see how to have a more precise similarity without having the
number of entries registered by the indexed value somewhere.

I think it can be interesting for other flavours of GIN usage. Is
there a way to add the number of entries of the considered indexed
item to the consistent prototype without adding too much overhead and
complexity?

--
Guillaume