Re: Proximity query with GIST and row estimation - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Guillaume Smet
Subject Re: Proximity query with GIST and row estimation
Date
List pgsql-performance
Paul,

On 2/14/07, Paul Ramsey <pramsey@refractions.net> wrote:
> You'll find that PostGIS does a pretty good job of selectivity
> estimation.

PostGIS is probably what I'm going to experiment in the future. The
only problem is that it's really big for a very basic need.
With my current method, I don't even have to create a new column: I
create directly a functional index so it's really easy to use.
Using PostGIS requires to create a new column and triggers to maintain
it and install PostGIS of course. That's why it was not my first
choice.

Thanks for your answer.

--
Guillaume