Re: log_duration is redundant, no? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Guillaume Smet
Subject Re: log_duration is redundant, no?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I think his basic complaint is that doing the full logging pushup for
> even short-duration queries is too expensive, and that logging only the
> duration and not the query text or parameters makes a significant speed
> difference.  I'm not at all sure that I buy that, but if it's true then
> subsequent filtering obviously doesn't help.

That's exactly my point. And on our highly loaded servers, the
log_duration behaviour makes the difference between:
- we have a clear overview of the server activity and
- we don't have any idea of what happens on this server (apart that
there are queries slower than X ms).

Regards,

--
Guillaume