Re: need help on memory allocation - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Vitaliy Garnashevich
Subject Re: need help on memory allocation
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

The following talk describes an issue with how Linux may handle memory
allocation for Postgres. The issue may cause many hundreds of megabytes
not being released in some cases.

PostgreSQL and RAM usage [Feb 27, 2017]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgQCxERi35A
see between minutes 33 and 39 of the talk

Regards,
Vitaliy