Re: Problems with inconsistant query performance. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Marcin Mank
Subject Re: Problems with inconsistant query performance.
Date
List pgsql-performance
> So the question is why on a relatively simple proc and I getting a query
> performance delta between 3549ms and 7ms?

What version of PG is it?

I had such problems in a pseudo-realtime app I use here with Postgres, and
they went away when I moved to 8.1 (from 7.4). I guess it is better shared
buffer management code (don`t You see a
big_query_searching_through_half_the_db just before You get this slow
insert? ) .

Greetings
Marcin