Re: [JDBC] Install two different versions of postgres which should run in parallel - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Loredana Curugiu
Subject Re: [JDBC] Install two different versions of postgres which should run in parallel
Date
List pgsql-novice

On 8/15/07, Markus Schaber <schabi@logix-tt.com> wrote:
Hi, Loredana,

"Loredana Curugiu" <loredana.curugiu@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to have two different vesions of postgres running in parallel on
> different ports. Does anyone knows how to install two different versions
> of postgres (7.4.5 and 8.2.4) on the same computer? I am using Linux
> operating system.

Which Linux distribution are you using?

Debian supports running multiple PostgreSQL major versions out of the
box.

Hi Markus,

I am using  Mandrake 2006. I have succeded in instalation of the two versions
of postgres.

Greetings,
     Loredana