Re: PostgreSQL 10 and OpenSSL 1.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 10 and OpenSSL 1.1
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6/14/19 11:23 AM, Shane Duan wrote:
> Thanks, Adrian.
>
> I am using prebuilt packages for Redhat 7(using yam install.
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/) and Ubuntu
> 18.04(using apt-get instal.
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/) on Linux. For
> Windows, I am downloading pre-built package from EnterpriseDB follow the
> link on https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Linux packages are pegged to
whatever is the default openSSL version for the OS version.

If you want to know for sure then contact the maintainers at:

https://yum.postgresql.org/
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt#

For EDB I would say start here:

https://postgresrocks.enterprisedb.com/t5/EDB-Postgres/bd-p/EDBPostgres

> -Shane
>
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 11:05 AM Adrian Klaver
> <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 6/14/19 9:35 AM, Shane Duan wrote:
>      > Is the default PostgreSQL installer built with openSSL 1.0 and or
>     1.1? I
>      > checked on Windows, it seems it was built with openSSL 1.02g. If it
>      > true, is there any plan to pre-build next minor release(10.x) with
>      > latest openSSL1.1? OpenSSL 1.0 will be deprecated by the end of
>     2019...
>
>     There is no default installer. There are packages built for various
>     platforms by various organizations. You will need to be specific about
>     the package you are using and where you got it. In the end you will
>     probably need to contact the package maintainers to see what their
>     plans
>     are.
>
>      >
>      > Thanks,