Re: PG version recommendation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: PG version recommendation
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/7/19 11:52 AM, David Gauthier wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm going to be requesting a PG instance supported by an IT team in a
> large corp.  They will be creating the server as a VM.  We will be
> linux and the web, but typically the number of concurrent users will be
> on the order of 10 reads, maybe a couple writers.  < 1T total disk, no
> partitioning.  I will be requesting PITR.
>
> I need to pick a PG version in my request.  I want something that will
> be stable and reliable while, of course, being able to perform well.
> What would be a good choice for PG version ?

The latest production release v 11. You will have community support
until November 2023:

https://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

As will all suggestions test under your conditions to verify.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com