RE: Prevent extension creation in temporary schemas - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kuroda, Hayato
Subject RE: Prevent extension creation in temporary schemas
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear Michael, Chris and Tom,

> Adding special cases to extensions strikes me as adding more
> funny corners to the behavior of the db in this regard.

I understand your arguments and its utility.

> For most of extensions, this can randomly finish with strange error
> messages, say that:
> =# create extension file_fdw with schema pg_temp_3;
> ERROR:  42883: function file_fdw_handler() does not exist
> LOCATION:  LookupFuncName, parse_func.c:2088

I found that this strange error appears after making
temporary tables.

test=> CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE temp (id int);
CREATE TABLE
test=> CREATE EXTENSION file_fdw WITH SCHEMA pg_temp_3;
ERROR:  function file_fdw_handler() does not exist

I would try to understand this problem for community and
my experience.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
Fujitsu LIMITED