Re: pg_migrator issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From decibel
Subject Re: pg_migrator issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Jan 6, 2010, at 1:52 AM, decibel wrote:
> On Dec 30, 2009, at 9:50 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> 3)  There is no easy way to analyze all databases.  vacuumdb --analyze
>> does analyze _and_ vacuum, which for an 8.4 to 8.5 migration does an
>> unnecessary vacuum.  Right now I recommend ANALYZE in every database,
>> but it would be nice if there were a single command which did this.
>
> I actually started on a patch for this (http://lnk.nu/archives.postgresql.org/14rm.php). IIRC it's pretty close, I
justhaven't had time to come back to it for final cleanup and changing the docs as needed.

Crap, I see I should have read the whole thread before posting. Sorry for the noise (and not getting the patch
completed).:(
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                   jim@nasby.net